57th most beautiful beach in the World!!!
(According to CNN 2013)
Abaka Bay Resort - Rate/policy sheet
(All Rates In US Dollars)
Based on double occupancy ( 2 people in room) / including 3 meals
Rates are per person
All rooms offer air conditioning, ceiling fans and cool outdoor seating areas. 3 meals are included in the room rate. (alcoholic and ordered drinks are NOT included)
Ocean view rooms are situated on the hillside offering sweeping side views of the entire bay and the lush landscape. Either relish the view through large windows or from a wraparound balcony. Simply walk down the staircase where the beach and fun await! The rooms have European tile and stone walls.
Deluxe Ocean view rooms are similar to the ocean view rooms situated on the hillside except the view is more direct on the ocean and they are fashioned with King size beds. Simply walk down the staircase where the beach and fun await!
Rustic Beachfront rooms are situated directly on the sand and only feet away from the ocean. All rooms are well appointed with large porches. They have thatched roofs and brick floors. The decor is similar to local Haitian homes. They are not as contemporary as the deluxe rooms.
Beachfront Suites are the high end rooms we offer. Beyond the French doors there is a separate sitting area outfitted with a kitchenette. These rooms have 2 air conditioners and a large outdoor porch. Directly on the sand and only feet away from the ocean this room is truly magnificent.
Luxury Suites are the highest in luxury that we offer. Beyond the French doors there is a separate sitting area outfitted with a kitchenette. There is a large bathroom and the room size is larger than the other suites. These rooms have 2 air conditioners and a large outdoor porch. Directly on the sand and only feet away from the ocean this room is truly magnificent.
Room rates are per person based on double occupancy (2 people). Example: If a couple ( 2 people) choose the deluxe beachfront room, each person will pay $130 for the room making a total of $260 for two people in the room per night including 3 meals. If one person chooses the same deluxe beachfront room that individual will pay $155 for the room. Please note this is the room rate only. Additional charges like tax and boat do apply.
Come to Abaka Bay either by bus, car or plane. Airconditioned buses are available for less than $25US roundtrip from Port au Prince to Les Cayes. The road is good and it takes about 3 1/2 hours. Bus departs in front of the National Stadium in Port au Prince. Transport Chic: (011) (509) 4206-0798, (011) (509) 2230-5540
Round trip - Boat ride - $40.00 per person (If alone roundtrip is $50)
Parking in port city is 3USD per vehicle per day
Round trip - Airport ride - $12.00 per person
Round trip from bus station- $6.00 per person
|5% service charge, Tax 10%|
$50.00 for lost key
Please note that all special requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Daily Rate Includes
|Accommodations, *three meals, maid service, juice with breakfast (other drinks NOT included)|
|Abaka Bay Beach activities: volleyball, hiking, hammocks, professional ping pong table, table soccer, and darts.|
|Also available at additional charge: Excursion to Lover's island, kyacks, snorkel rental, fishing, horseback riding,|
|Air-conditioned rooms - ceiling fan|
|Wrap around balcony - beach towel|
|King or two-queen w/futon - beach front|
Booking and Cancellation Policy
|Deposit- a deposit of 50% room rate for entire stay is required within 2 days after first contact to confirm a reservation. On Holidays non-refundable full payment is required. All online reservations require full room charge payment at time of booking.|
|Cancellation- 25% penalty for cancellation 21-15 days prior to arrival date, 50% penalty of deposit for cancellation 14-7 days prior to arrival date. And 100% penalty of deposit 6 days or less prior to scheduled arrival date. Holidays: Payment is required in full and is non-refundable.|
|Abaka Bay Resort reserves the right to:|
|Return all refunds in the form of a voucher. No cash or checks will be distributed. Refunds are non-transferable.|
|Cancel any bookings without notice. Prices are subject to seasonal changes.|
|Meals forfeited by guests are not the responsibility of the hotel.|
Igloos and outside alcohol are not permitted on Abaka Bay premises. We reserve the right not to allow igloos or alcohol on our boats.
CHECK OUT is 11:00 AM, boat also leaves island to port city of Les Cayes at 11:00 AM. Guest may stay on the premises but are kindly asked to vacate the room. The boat also leaves port city of Les Cayes for Ile a Vache island around 12 and 1PM. CHECK IN is between 12 and 1PM. If there is a boat available earlier we will try to accommodate special requests.
Please note that we try our best to honor scheduled boat pickup times, but due to many variables such as sea conditions etc., there may be a wait on boats at the wharf. Please be patient.
Please note: TV's are only available in restaurant and Luxury Suite.
Resort Casual is recommended for evening dinner.
Frequently Asked Questions
- If we drive is there a secure place to park our car? Yes, we have secure parking in Les Cayes for all guest vehicles for $3.00 a day.
- Are there schedules for the boat? Yes there is a schedule. The boat leaves the Port city of Les Cayes usually between 12 and 1 PM. The boat usually leaves the island of Ile a Vache at 11AM, however we try to accommodate our guests so that the boat will be there to greet our guest upon their arrival. Delays do happen and we ask our guests to be patient as sea conditions and other factors may cause delays.
- Are there safety jackets available aboard the boats? Yes, we offer safety life jackets on all our boats for the safety of our guest. We also offer gear to keep guests dry in case of any splashes. Please wear comfortable clothes for the trip.
- How long is the boat ride? The boat ride varies depending upon the condition of the sea, but generally it will take between 20-30 minutes.
- Can I book for only one night during the holidays? Unfortunately, we do not accept one (1) night bookings during holiday dates. There is a minimum of three (3) nights during these busy times.
- Do you do weddings? Yes Abaka Bay does magnificent weddings. E-mail us with your requests. Please book in advance.
- If we fly will someone pick us up from the airport? Yes, we have special drivers who will pick you up from the airport and bring you to the wharf where one of our boats will await you.
- Do you do conferences? Yes we do. Call or e-mail to inquire.
- Do you have specials for large groups over 11 people? Yes, call or e-mail to inquire.
- Do you accept credit cards? Yes we do. We accept Mastercard and Visa only.
- There is wireless internet connection in the open spaces in the dinning areas and gazebos. some rooms also have access depending on proximity to the open spaces.
Please call or e-mail all reservation requests. Thank you.